Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Survived Tales of the Cocktail

New Orleans.  There is no place quite like it.  So very swampy hot, so very strange.  The food is delicious, the people are hospitable, and the cocktails are, well, ever-flowing.  At least for five days out of the year. This year I decided to keep a running list of everything that I tasted inside of my little event program (yes-- I designed this handy item, wrapped in linen cover stock), which topped out around 50 cocktails.  Am I proud?  Well, yes, I suppose that I am.  Not bad for five days. 

And I remember every bit of it.  Especially that invigorating shot of Lemon-Jalapeño infused Tito's Vodka.  I love you, Tito's (and specifically Beth, Nicole, and Happy)!  My very favorite food of the week was our dinner at Cochon.  The ribs were possibly the best I've ever had -- nice vinegary bite and sweetness.  And I can't forget the fried Alligator and the Mushroom Salad with fried Beef Jerky.  Insane!  Do NOT take your vegetarian friends.  I also want to give a shout out to our equally memorable, rather epic, 4 hour meal that we shared with our friends from Tito's Vodka at Boucherie.  Such a cute little place with wonderful, beautiful food. 
But I'm now going to detox, seriously.  I need salad and water.