Last summer, my friend suggested that I ought to take a stab at designing a new logo for the Grand Street BID in Williamsburg, and it seemed like a good idea. Some of my favorite shops and restaurants run along that strip of Grand Street (between Humboldt and Union), like Bushwick Country Club, Huckleberry, and a new favorite--Dar525. When I used to live in Williamsburg I would trek up to Grand to buy my fruits and veggies at To The World Farm, which always had the most interesting produce stocked. This little area has a ton of character and charm, and it's great to see all of the new spots opening up there. So I put something together for the project and, lo, it was selected. Last night was the unveiling, and the BID had a nice little party to celebrate. Thanks to Artineh, Charu, City Council Member Diana Reyna, and everyone else for such a great night. Here's the story. Cheers!
