Saturday was a gorgeous day...cool, crisp, and sunny. I spent all day wandering around Stockholm, got to the Moderna Museet, saw an Ed Ruscha show, and walked around Gamla Stan (old town) which is so old-European, then through Södermalm and before I knew it I could barely stand. I had only a container of rice pudding and a banana for energy. It was actually pretty good! Maybe I overdid it, but I just couldn't stop moving. The weather was too nice!
Saturday night I had a glass of wine and crawfish, which are a seasonal Swedish specialty. The seems to be poached in a salty dill broth. Cold and dilly. Hmm. Maybe something I only need to have once-- especially in this cold weather! The bars here give you blankets to wrap around you so you can sit outside even on cold nights!
This morning I wandering through a forest near my apartment-- yes-- a forest! There were barely any people there, which was a little scary at first, but then I succumbed to the beauty of my surroundings and just enjoyed the fresh air. I continued through the forest, but eventually I feared that the path I was on wouldn't loop around, so I turned back as I was sooo hungry and starting to get nervous about getting lost. I had no map on me afterall!
