My Dagens Nyheter:
Saw NY I Love You last night, and it made me feel a little sad, because it wasn't the New York that I know. Taught the Swedes a new word-- schmaltzy. They taught me a new "fake" word -- matsig (hearty). On the walk home I bought a paper bag of mix and match candy at the 7-11. They really love their salted licorice here, which was confirmed when I discovered that most of the candies I bit into were, of course, quite salty licorice. Another was cola flavored, and then there was a pinkish confection with a strange and not so delicious flavor I could not identify.
Ate a lunch of fried herring "stromming" (quite Finnish they say) at a place that roughly translates to "Two Lads".
Took a fika (a klocken tre standard) coffee break, (which is very important here) with the GROW people at Bonnier Media University, and ate fruktpaj jordgubbe (strawberry tarts). Saw the modern office (so gorgeous), as compared to our classic office at Albert Bonniers Forlag.
Tried the red Tunnelbana and found it's the quickest way for me to get to Soder. Then a lovely walk on the east side of the island into a beautiful area that lands you by all the fun restaurants, bars, and shops there. Ate some floppy pizza at Primo Ciao Ciao. It was good-- but they don't have that crispy crust quite perfected yet.
Went back to the forest (Norra Djurgården)by my house for another great walk. Oh, that fresh cool forest air! This time I did not get lost, but I was almost trampled by a group of about 20 people in military training!
Lastly, it has been confirmed that we can have all of the delicious lattes that we want at work, which is a dangerous privilege. Next to the cafeteria is a big, fancy latte/cappucino machine. I think I had three cappucinnos yesterday at work. It's a wonder that I could sit still for five minutes! And Susanne at work just showed me the fancy espresso machine on the floor above me too. I told her that they might need to get a seatbelt for my chair because of all of the caffeine I am consuming.
